Odum School of Ecology Ambassador Program
The Odum School of Ecology is seeking 3-4 undergraduate students to serve as ambassadors during the 2011-12 academic year.
Who is Eligible
* Full-time undergraduate students
* 3.00 minimum grade point average
* Have been enrolled in the Odum School at least one semester
* Have at least two semesters remaining before graduation
* Have a commitment to promoting the Odum School
* Two letters of recommendation from faculty members or others who are familiar with the applicant's activities, academic performance and ability to communicate.
* Selected applicants will participate in an interview. The interview will explore communication skills, willingness to learn more about the Odum School, desire to convey pride in the School, and commitment to participate through the academic year.
Applications are available in the Dean's Office - ask Bonita Wagers - or on the Odum School website. Applications received by September 15th will be screened for possible interviews and acceptance into the program.
Responsibilities and Benefits
Examples of responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
* New student recruitment, presentations, and serving as one of several spokespersons for the Odum School.
* Participating in the Eugene P. Odum lecture series, student welcome socials, commencement, and other programs during the academic year.
* Participation in School-related programs with alumni.
In keeping with the holistic philosophy of the collegiate experience, the Odum School incorporates educational exercises into the program. Ambassadors can expect to:
* Refine presentation skills
* Increase leadership potential
* Develop a strong professional network of students, faculty, alumni, and professionals in environmental and ecological fields
* Work with other ambassadors on a specific project to benefit the Odum School